Senin, 05 Oktober 2020

Name    :Efiansyah

SRN      :1801121277

Class     : A/5






Three questions about Poetry (October 3rd, 2020)

1. What is poetry? Based on your opinion.
2. What are genres of English Poetry? give an example of each genres.
3. What are genres of Indonesian Poetry? give an example of each genres.



Answer :

1. Poetry is the work of a person which he wants to express through expression and gestures

2. three main genres :

Narrative

Tell about a story of heroism or generally an interesting story. such as crime, heroism, and others.

Idylls of the King: The Passing of Arthur by Alfred, Lord Tennyson


" Then spake King Arthur to Sir Bedivere,

And whiter than the mist that all day long

Had held the field of battle was the King:

"Hearest thou this great voice that shakes the world,

And wastes the narrow realm whereon we move,

And beats upon the faces of the dead,

My dead, as tho' they had not died for me?-

O Bedivere, for on my heart hath fall'n

Confusion, till I know not what I am,

Nor whence I am, nor whether I be King.

Behold, I seem but King among the dead."


Lyric 

which focuses on thoughts and emotions

Bread and Music
by Conrad Aiken


Music I heard with you was more than music,
And bread I broke with you was more than bread;
Now that I am without you, all is desolate;
All that was once so beautiful is dead.

Your hands once touched this table and this silver,
And I have seen your fingers hold this glass.
These things do not remember you, belovèd,
And yet your touch upon them will not pass.

For it was in my heart you moved among them,
And blessed them with your hands and with your eyes;
And in my heart they will remember always,
They knew you once, O beautiful and wise.


Dramatic

tell a story or portray a situation

What if
What if I sleep, 
and never wake up again ? 
What if I am redeemed of sorrow and pain ? 
What if the world comes to an end ? 
What if I am sad and do pretend ? 
What if I change this outlook of life, 
and give myself a big high-five ? 
What if I wake up to a brand new day ? 
What if I turn my life another way ? 
What if I always look at the good side ? 
What if I begin to enjoy the ride ?


3. There are several genres of poetry in Indonesia :


a. OLD Poetry ( up to the 1920 )
[ mantra, pantun, karmina, seloka, and gurindam ]
Example Pantun

Kalau ada jarum patah

Jangan dimasukkan ke dalam peti

Kalau ada kataku yang salah

Jangan dimasukan ke dalam hati

b. Modern Poem ( from 1920s to present )
[ Balada, Himme, Ode, Epigram, Romansa, Elegi, Satire, Distikon, Terzina, Kuatrain, Kuint, Sektet, Septima, Oktaf and Suneta. ]

Example Romansa


Kini aku hanya membayangkan
Membaca bahasa yang tak ingin ku ketahui
Tak sanggup lagi aku menyapa
Namun tetap kukenang dirimu dalam duka

Kini kepergianmu adalah nyata
Pedulikah dirimu tentang perasaanku
Kepergiaanmu meninggalkan luka
Bawa serta keangkuhan dan ketidaksetiaan
Kenangan pun rapuh dan segalanya menjadi pahit
Dalam sisa usia ini

c. Contemporary poem


Shang Hai

ping di atas pong
pong di atas ping
ping ping bilang pong
pong pong bilang ping
mau pong? bilang ping
mau mau bilang pong
mau ping? bilang pong
mau mau bilang ping

ya pong ya ping
ya ping ya pong
tak ya pong tak ya ping
ya tak ping ya tak pong
sembilu jarakMu merancap nyaring
'

REFERENCES

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

Name     : Efiansyah SRN        : 1801121277 Class       : A/5 Three questions about Poetry (October 3rd, 2020) 1. What is poetry? Based on ...